Connectors Mixed Starter Pack A x 96 Pack
- eur prices
Save €65.00Offer price: €746.20
- Rewards/RRP: €811.20
Buy this and your school gets €149.24 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE ROI postage for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.*
- FREE ROI postage on orders €40 or over
- €8 postage charge on ROI orders
Book Club orders
- FREE postage to schools*
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
ROI postage within 8 working days
Postage charges and times vary for overseas addresses
*Excluding border charge
More books for 6 - 9 year olds
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Emerald
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Gold
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Orange
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Purple
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Ruby
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Sapphire
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Silver
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Turquoise
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Reciprocal Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
- Teaching Resource
Reciprocal reading that stimulates children and raises reading standards fast.
- A proven and cost-effective way to narrow the attainment gap
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Connectors uses proven, high-impact peer learning methods recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation. It is ideal for small-group reading at different ability levels, and particularly effective for disadvantaged learners.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability. The greatest benefits were for children on Free School Meals, whose average reading age rose by over 10 months in just 12 weeks.
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together – predicting, questioning, summarising and evaluating. This collaborative approach builds oral language and listening skills, develops a range of thinking strategies and teaches children to work in teams.
This mixed pack contains six copies each of the 16 bestselling Connectors fiction and non-fiction titles spanning Book Bands Orange to Sapphire.
Find out more and watch our videos.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
“The whole class loves using Connectors. It engages all the kids – the more able learners encourage the others so that they gain confidence too.” Leanne Dixon, Gateway Primary School
4408 in Books and Resources for Schools Catalogue 2023
June 7th, 2018
This product has not been reviewed yet.