Buy this and your school gets €5.60 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- Letters & Sounds (2021): Phase 4
- Scholastic Set 8
- Sound Focus: Adjacent consonants with Phase 3 long vowels
- Book Band: Blue
This title is part of a brand new set of phonically decodable reading books perfect for very early readers. These expertly levelled stories are engaging, and are exactly matched to Little Wandle Letters & Sounds Revised, used in schools across the UK.
The series includes a wide selection of diverse and inclusive stories, accompanied by bright, contemporary and humorous illustrations that will engage and inspire young readers with a ‘find the character’ feature on each spread.
The artwork is detailed so as not to provide picture cues and prompting. Each book also contains parent’s notes and a ‘retell the story’ task to support children’s oracy, vocabulary and comprehension skills. Thirteen sets of books covering groups of sounds to allow for progression.
The stories in this set focus on the sounds found in Scholastic Set 8 and revise the sounds found in previous sets. There are thirteen sets in total, covering:
- Phase 2 Set 1: s a t p i n m d
- Phase 2 Set 2: g o c k ck e u r h b f l
- Phase 2 Set 3: ff ll ss j v w x y z zz
- Phase 2 Set 4: qu ch sh th ng nk
- Phase 3 Set 5: ai ee igh oa oo
- Phase 3 Set 6: ar or ur ow oi ear air er
- Phase 4 Set 7: Adjacent consonants with short vowels
- Phase 4 Set 8: Adjacent consonants with Phase 3 long vowels
- Phase 5 Set 9: ay (play), ou (cloud), oy (boy), ea (each), ir (bird), ie (pie), ue (blue), u (unicorn)
- Phase 5 Set 10: o (go), i (tiger), a (paper), e (he), a-e (snake), i-e (time), o-e (home), u-e (cute), e-e (these), ew (new), ie (shield), aw (claw)
- Phase 5 Set 11: y (funny), ea (head), wh (wheel), oe (toe), ou (shoulder), y (fly), ow (snow), g (giant), ph (phone), le (apple), al (metal), c (ice), ve (give), o-e (some), o (mother), ou (young), se (cheese), se (mouse), ce (fence), ey (donkey), ui (fruit), ou (soup)
- Phase 5 Set 12: or (word), u (full), oul (could), are (share), ear (bear), ere (there), au (author), aur (dinosaur), oor (floor), al (walk), tch (match), ture (adventure), al (half), a (father), a (water), a (want), ear (learn), wr (wrist), st (whistle), sc (science), ch (school), ch (chef), ze (freeze), schwa at the end of words (actor)
- Phase 5 Set 13: eigh (eight), aigh (straight), ey (grey), ea (break), gn (gnaw), kn (knee), mb (thumb), ere (here), eer (deer), su (treasure), si (vision), dge (bridge), ge (large), y (crystal), ti (potion), ssi (mission), si (mansion), ci (delicious), augh (daughter), our (pour), oar (oar), ore (more)
Have you got them all?
This product has not been reviewed yet.