Buy this and your school gets €3.81 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The perfect way to boost literacy and develop close reading skills. A fully photocopiable book of finely levelled short texts designed to build comprehension and help children engage with what they have read. Close reading involves careful study of a short text passage – reading, re-reading and questioning the text. Through this process children deepen their critical faculty, which is also essential to help them question and understand their wider world. Complete with a detailed introduction, this book contains 20 suitably complex short texts for close reading, linked to key comprehension objectives and including examples of annotated texts.
- 20 photocopiable short texts designed to build close reading skills
- Engaging, snappy Lexile levelled texts for group, paired or solo reading
- Each text includes comprehension questions and answers linked to the curriculum
- Text marking ideas encourage children to annotate and read strategically
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Close Reading: Non-Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 11+
- One of Us is Lying
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: The Complete Collection
- GCSE Grades 9-1 History: Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918-39 (GCSE 9-1 Edexcel History)
- Close Reading: Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 8+
- Close Reading: Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 11+
- Freak the Mighty
11booksRoald Dahl Pack x 11
- The Ultimate Guide to Women's Football
5booksTom Gates Pack x 5
7booksHarry Potter Pack x 7