Buy this and your school gets €1.50 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A high-energy, laugh-out-loud, fully illustrated adventure story by much-loved actor Stephen Mangan and talented artist Anita Mangan. “[Escape the Rooms] is richly imagined and deeply heartfelt, and Anita Mangan’s cartoonish and poignant illustrations capture the tone perfectly … It reminded me a little of The Wizard of Oz, with the children on a quest through different lands to get home.” Hadley Freeman, Guardian “It’s been described as a cross between Alice in Wonderland and The Crystal Maze and it manages to feel both classic and modern at the same time.” Good HousekeepingThe last thing Jack expected when he bungee-jumped at the fairground was to go plummeting right through the ground into the weird, wonderful Rooms… There he must face a series of puzzles and traps alongside a mysterious girl called Cally, in order for them to find their way home. Throw in a murderous polar bear, hundreds of tiny yet ferocious lions, some mind-blowing riddles, and get ready for a hilarious, helter-skelter adventure like no other!
- Escape the Rooms follows two children dealing with loss on an amazing adventure.
- Wildly funny and endlessly surprising, Escape the Rooms is also a story about friendship, overcoming fears and being kind to yourself.
- Packed with fantastic pictures created by Stephen Mangan’s sister, Anita
Our June 2021 Ages 9-10 Book of the Month
My Book of the Month pick for June for children aged 9 and over has to be the highly anticipated Escape the Rooms. Our protagonist Jack suddenly finds himself slap-bang in the middle of the Rooms when his bungee jump plummets him right through the ground! Just like real-life escape rooms, he’s faced with puzzles, traps, mind-blowing riddles – plus a mysterious companion named Cally, a murderous polar bear and a hundred tiny ferocious lions – all in the way of finding his way out. So begins a hilarious, helter-skelter adventure like no other!
This is the debut novel from much-loved actor Stephen Mangan, paired with fantastic illustrations throughout by his talented sister, artist Anita Mangan. It’s Alice in Wonderland meets The Crystal Maze, and perfect for fans of Roald Dahl, David Walliams and Tom Fletcher. A high-energy, laugh-out-loud, adventure story that is sure to be a firm favourite on children’s bookshelves.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
A Nightsilver Book #1: The Nightsilver Promise
2booksMy Story Pack
- Show Stealer
- Waterfire Saga: Deep Blue
Get Ahead in Computing: Great Games
- Sorrow #1: State of Sorrow
- Scholastic Classics: Little Women
- Children of the Quicksands
Britain's Biggest Star ... Is Dad?
- Standing on Her Shoulders
- History VIP: Boudicca
- The House of Secret Treasure
His Dark Materials #1: Northern Lights
Terry Deary's Best Ever Shakespeare Tales
- I Survived: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944
- Great People Who Reached for the Stars
- The Howling Hag Mystery
- Macca's Makeover
History VIP: Emmeline Pankhurst
- A Life Story: Serena Williams
- Aru Shah and the City of Gold
The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
- Scholastic Classics: Dracula
- Adventures on Trains #1: The Highland Falcon Thief
- Shout Out: Use Your Voice, Save the Day
The Great War Anthology
- The Cartoons That Came to Life