What Does It Mean to Be British?
Buy this and your school gets €2.34 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The question of what it means to be British has never been more relevant to young people. Government insists that schools promote British values, but what does that really mean? Is it inclusive or does it exclude certain people or ideas? Can you be British and European or Scottish or Indian or Muslim? Is Britishness about a shared history and language, or a set of values? This book does not offer rigid answers to these questions, but asks readers to think about their own personal views and choices and how they would define British identity.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Horrid Henry's Nits
- The Huge Bag of Worries
- A Problem Shared: Bullying
- Happy: A Children's Book of Mindfulness
- The Screen Thief
Look Both Ways
- A Problem Shared: Talking About Prejudice
- A Problem Shared: Death
- Keep Yourself Safe: Being Safe with People
- Dr Christian's Guide to Growing Up Online (Hashtag: Awkward)
Quick History of Politics
- Purrmaids #2: The Catfish Club
- I'm Sticking with You
- Nelson Mandela: No Easy Walk to Freedom
- Lift-the-Flap First Questions and Answers about Racism
- Dave and the Tooth Fairy
- Dot.Common Sense: How to Stay Smart and Safe Online
- Can Bears Ski?
- The Problem with Problems
The Wolves of Willoughby Chase
- I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato
- How To Change The World
- Barnabus Project
- Say Something (PB)
4booksReassuring Reads Pack x 4
Adventures of the Wishing-Chair
- Lift-the-Flap Looking After Our Planet
- How Not to Lose It: Mental Health Sorted
- One Hundred Steps: The Story of Captain Sir Tom Moore