Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
The Book of Dust #2: The Secret Commonwealth
Buy this and your school gets €4.00 to spend on books Orders of €10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Twenty years have passed since the events of La Belle Sauvage saw the baby Lyra Belacqua begin her life-changing journey. It is almost ten years since readers left Lyra and the love of her young life, Will Parry, on a park bench in Oxford’s Botanic Gardens. Now, in The Secret Commonwealth, we meet Lyra Silvertongue once more. And she is no longer a child… This story sees Lyra, now twenty years old, and her daemon Pantalaimon drawn into the complex and deadly factions of a world they never knew existed. Pulled along with them is Malcolm; once a boy with a boat, now a dutiful man who desires to do what is right. All of them must travel far beyond the edges of Oxford, across Europe and deep into Asia, in search of a city haunted by daemons, a secret at the heart of a desert, and the mystery of the elusive Dust…
- The eagerly awaited second book in the Book of Dust sequence
- A dazzlingly rich new adventure by one of our greatest writers
- Picks up Lyra’s story ten years after The Amber Spyglass ended
- His Dark Materials transformed the face of children’s fantasy
- Philip Pullman has won the Carnegie Medal and Guardian Prize
- Please note this book contains mature language and content more appropriate for older readers.
This product has not been reviewed yet.