The Pumpkin Who was Afraid of the Dark New
Book of the Month
Buy this and your school gets €1.30 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 1/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
A sweetly spooky Halloween story about a little pumpkin with big fears, by a best-selling picture book duo!The way every pumpkin is meant to behaveis fearless and feisty and spooky and brave.It’s what every pumkpin is brought up to do . . . apart from the littlest pumpkin, named Boo.Boo does NOT like Halloween. She isn’t spooky, she’s small and sweet. And she does NOT like trick-or-treating. Why? Because she’s afraid of the dark. So, when Halloween comes around Boo is especially worried. All the noise, and scary costumes, and people running around in the dark… Boo does not like it one bit! But when she meets a little boy who also shares his fears, Boo realises that perhaps Halloween – and the dark – aren’t quite as scary as she thought. And is Boo ready to shine? You bet she is!Children will love this brilliantly fun picture book – especially those who find Halloween a little bit too spooky!
- A must-have Halloween gift!
- Fun and heartfelt story, with brightly-coloured illustrations showing all the fun and magic of halloween
- Created by award-winning author Michelle Robinson and bestselling illustrator Mike Byrne
Our September 2022 Ages 3-4 Book of the Month
Our book of the month pick for 3+ is The Pumpkin Who Was Afraid of the Dark, a new title from award-winning author Michelle Robinson and perfect for fans of When Jelly Had a Wobble and When Ice Cream Had a Meltdown. This is a super sweet Halloween story about a pumpkin named Boo. Boo does not like Halloween, she isn’t spooky at all and she hates the dark! But when she meets a boy who shares her fears, Boo realises that maybe Halloween isn’t quite as scary as she thought – will this year be Boo’s time to shine?
This is a must-have for Halloween, showing all of the magic and fun the day has to offer. It is particularly great for those children who may find Halloween a bit too spooky, helping to boost their confidence for trick-or-treating! With a funny storyline and bright illustration, this is a great title to get children engaged in reading and is sure to become a firm favourite for when Halloween rolls around.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Read & Respond: Stick Man
- Daily Word Ladders for Fluency: Ages 8–9
- Read & Respond: War Horse
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Level 3: Peanuts:The Ice-skating Competition (Book only)
- Read & Respond: The Highway Rat
- Daily Word Ladders for Fluency: Ages 6–7
- Read & Respond: The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark
- Daily Word Ladders for Fluency: Ages 7–8
- The MindUp Curriculum: Grades 6-8 (Key Stage 3)
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Starter Level - Level 1: Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie (Book only)
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Level 2: Peanuts: Snoopy and Friends (Book only)
- Classroom Reward Stickers x 100
- Junior English Timesavers: Drama in the Classroom
- Read & Respond: Owl Babies
- Read & Respond: The BFG
- Macca's Makeover
4booksDaily Word Ladders for Fluency Ages 6-11 Pack
- Read & Respond: Goodnight Mister Tom
- Read & Respond: The Twits
- The MindUp Curriculum: Grades 3-5 (Key Stage 2)
- Daily Word Ladders for Fluency: Ages 9–11
- Read & Respond: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Read & Respond: The Wreck of the Zanzibar
- Read & Respond: Charlotte's Web
Wonky Donkey's Big Surprise
- A Stack of Alpacas
4booksThe Naughtiest Unicorn Pack x 4
5booksThe Famous Five Colour Short Stories Pack x 5
- Read & Respond: Holes
Binny's Diwali (PB)