Connectors Ages 9+: Invasive Species x 6 Pack
Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
Buy this and your school gets €9.62 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a non-fiction title is ideal for readers aged 9+.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Read & Respond: The Secret Garden
- Talking Turkeys
- Funky Chickens
- Pie Corbett's Poetry Spine Teacher's Guide
- Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes
- Llama Glamarama
- My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan
Carol Ann Duffy: New and Collected Poems for Children
10booksScience Essentials Key Stage 2 Pack x 10
- Mohinder's War
- Rising Stars: New Young Voices in Poetry
Tamarind and the Star of Ishta
- You Don't Have to Be Loud
- On the Move: Poems About Migration
4booksPie Corbett's Poetry Spine: Year 4 Pack x 4
4booksPie Corbett's Poetry Spine: Year 6 Pack x 4
The Battle of Bubble and Squeak
- The Puffin Book of Utterly Brilliant Poetry
Overheard in a Tower Block
- I Don't Like Poetry
4booksPie Corbett's Poetry Spine: Year 5 Pack x 4
- The Nothing to See Here Hotel #1: The Nothing to See Here Hotel
3booksPie Corbett's Poetry Spine: Year 3 Pack x 3
- The Undefeated
- A Poem for Every Day of the Year
- Planet Omar #1: Planet Omar: Accidental Trouble Magnet
- RHS: Nature: A Magical Journey Through the Year
- Anisha, Accidental Detective: School's Cancelled