Connectors Ruby: Uncle Al - Trouble Again x 6 Pack
Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
Buy this and your school gets €8.41 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a fiction title is ideal for children at Book Band Ruby, giving them all the benefits of Connectors in an appealing story form.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Oxford Reading Tree: TreeTops Greatest Stories Levels 8/9 Pack x 6
6booksConnectors Turquoise: Home, Safe Home x 6
6booksConnectors Silver: Sam's Secret x 6
6booksConnectors Purple: Chicken Beat x 6
6booksConnectors Orange: A Big Mistake x 6
6booksConnectors Gold: Marco's Hero x 6
Project X Origins: Bugs Pack x 5 (Book Band Blue)
- Project X Origins: Making a Noise Pack x 5 (Book Band Green)
- Project X Origins: Discovery Pack x 5 (Book Band Turquoise)
- Project X Origins: What a Waste Pack x 5 (Book Band Orange)
- Project X Origins: Communication Pack x 5 (Book Band Gold)
- Project X Origins: Habitat Pack x 5 (Book Band Purple)
Project X Origins: Journeys / Going Places Pack x 5 (Book Band White)
- Project X Origins: Food Pack x 5 (Book Band Yellow)
- Project X Origins: My Home Pack x 5 (Book Band Pink)
- Project X Origins: Big and Small Pack x 5 (Book Band Red)