Fields of Home
Buy this and your school gets €1.80 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
The final book in the famine trilogy
For Eily, Michael and Peggy the memory of the famine is still strong. But Mary-Brigid, Eily’s first child, has the future to look forward to. What kind of future is it?
Ireland is in turmoil, with evictions, burnings, secret meetings, fights over land. Eily and her family may be thrown off their farm. Michael may lose his job in the big house. And Peggy, in America, feels trapped in her role as a maid. Will they ever have land and a home they can call their own? Eily, Michael and Peggy have once shown great courage. Now this courage is called on again …
The other titles in the Famine trilogy are Under the Hawthorn Tree and Wildflower Girl. A study guide to Under the Hawthorn tree is also available.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Great Irish Weather Book
- In a Nutshell Heroes: The Boole Sisters
- The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #4: Claudia and Mean Janine
- In a Nutshell Heroes: Roger Casement - Human Rights Hero
- Scientists Who Made History: Isaac Newton
- Real-Life Stories: Malorie Blackman
- Charles Stewart Parnell
- Shooting for the Stars
- Real-Life Stories: David Walliams
- Scientists Who Made History: Dian Fossey
- In a Nutshell Heroes: Countess Markievicz - An Adventurous Life
Barrington Stoke 4u2read: Into the Bin
- Barrington Stoke Big Top Mysteries: The Case of the Vanishing Granny
Discover the Vikings: Everyday Life, Art and Culture
- Everything Awesome About Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Beasts!
- Eamon de Valera
My Story: Stories of the First World War
- Jedi Academy #8: Attack of the Furball