Hands-On History: The Irish Civil War 1922-23 - Ava's Diary
Buy this and your school gets €1.80 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Ava isn’t happy when her mum drags her from America to Dublin after a messy divorce. But when she finds a sliver of emerald and a bundle of old letters in the attic, Ava is plunged into a historical mystery. How were the missing crown jewels of Tsarist Russia linked to Ireland’s bloody civil war in 1922? Who was young medical student Molly, who wrote the letters? Why did her brother Jack the Cat smuggle the jewels? Did her football-mad cousin Dan survive his job running messages through the crossfire? Through Molly’s eyes, Ava learns about the death of Michael Collins, deadly ambushes in Kerry and the tragic fate of former comrades….
- A thrilling fictional diary from a best-loved series
- Brings a key period in Irish history to gripping life
- Vivid first-person account full of twists and turns
- Essential Irish history made relevant and exciting
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Hands-On History: The War of Independence 1920-22 - Dan's Diary
I Was There...: Alone in the Trenches
Seeds of Liberty - Three Stories
SAVE Promo available
- My Story: The Sweep's Boy
- My Story: Workhouse
- The Faraway Truth
4booksEmma Carroll Pack x 4
- The Guns of Easter
Silence is Not An Option: You can impact the world for change
The Fowl Twins
- We Had to Be Brave: Escaping the Nazis on the Kindertransport
- The Ice Monster
- Hands On History: The Easter Rising 1916 - Molly's Diary
- Cogheart #1: Cogheart
- The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
The Boy Who Made Everyone Laugh
His Dark Materials #1: Northern Lights
- The Book Thief