Pie Corbett's Storyteller: Teacher Books Set x 3 Pack
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Make the magic of stories go further with storytelling master Pie Corbett. His inspiring activities help children enjoy stories more, and become storytellers themselves.
This pack contains three resource books based around popular traditional stories retold for different ages. Each book contains:
- Activities for up to sixteen stories
- Videos of stories told aloud by Pie Corbett, Xanthe Gresham and other top storytellers
- Cross-curricular reading, writing and drama activities
- Techniques for telling stories out loud
- Ideas for children to rewrite stories themselves
Perfect for use as a companion to Pie Corbett’s linked Storyteller story anthologies:
September 1st, 2008
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Storyteller Teacher Resource Books and CD-ROMs
Each anthology is supported by a teacher’s resource book written by Pie Corbett and CD-ROM with videos of storytellers telling their tales.
In the teacher’s book:
- General guidance on how to tell a story
- Activities for each story in the children’s anthology – getting to know each story through discussion, writing, drama, music or dance.
- Speaking: guidance on how to tell each story aloud
- Structure: a flow chart for each story
- Telling to writing: ideas for adapting each story to make a new version
On the CD-ROM:
Let the children watch professional storytellers on the CD-ROM. Half the stories in the anthologies are told aloud by:
- Pie Corbett
- Taffy Thomas
- Jane Grell
- Xanthe Gresham
Each storyteller also tells his or her storytelling tips and thoughts.
There are three children’s anthologies each containing about 15 traditional stories from around the world perfect for retelling. Each anthology contains some stories short enough to learn off-by-heart.
- The Gingerbread Man and other stories for 4–7 year olds
- Dragonory and other stories for 7–9 year olds
- The Boy and the Tiger and other stories for 9–11 year olds
Each anthology is accompanied by an audio CD containing all the stories in the anthology read aloud by Pie Corbett, Xanthe Gresham or Taffy Thomas.