Buy this and your school gets €2.28 to spend on books Orders of €10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Extensive reading improves fluency and there is a real need in the ELT classroom for contemporary graded material that will motivate students to read.
The true untold story behind the black women who helped America win the space race.
- LEVEL 4 (Upper-intermediate): For students with 4+ years of English CEF Stage B1.
- 2000 headwords (story: up to 15,000 words)
- Comes with CD – online resources also
- Perfect also for native English speaking children who are struggling with their reading
- Success of the movie ensures its status as a contemporary classic with global appeal for students.
- Full colour film stills mixed with historical black and white photographs bring the story to life and aid comprehension.
- People and Places section provides clear visual context before students start reading, along with a timeline of the events of the book.
- Fact File section – as well as various fact boxes throughout the text – provides further information on the time in which these events occurred, as well as humankind’s race to land on the planet Mars.
- Extended self-study activities enable students to check their progress as they read.
- Scholastic ELT Secondary Readers are a series of contemporary film and TV adaptations, original teenage fiction, classic literature and biographies.
- Specifically targeted at teenagers learning English, they are published at five levels following a carefully graded syllabus..
- Each reader is available in Book Only or Book and CD formats.
- The CD features an audio recording of the story for reading along.
- There are also online resource sheets providing step-by-step lesson plans, extra activities and downloadable flashcards.
This product has not been reviewed yet.