The Ones That Disappeared
by Zana Fraillon (author)
Part of the following pack:
This product has not been rated yet.
1 review (Add a review)
- FREE ROI postage for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.*
- FREE ROI postage on orders €40 or over
- €8 postage charge on ROI orders
Book Club orders
- FREE postage to schools*
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
ROI postage within 8 working days
Postage charges and times vary for overseas addresses
*Excluding border charge
- Adventure > Survival Stories
- All About You > Changes and New Experiences
- All About You > Diversity
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Homelessness
- All About You > Refugees
- English > Reading for Pleasure
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Fiction > Literary Fiction
- Mysteries and Thrillers
Beautiful, magical and moving, this is a SKELLIG for a new generation, from the author of THE BONE SPARROW, shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal 2017 and the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize 2016.
Some stories need to be told… A moving, beautifully-written and poignant novel about child trafficking and the search for freedom.
Kept by a ruthless gang, three children manage to escape from slavery. But freedom isn’t just waiting on the outside.
Separated, scared and looking after a small child, Esra will do whatever she can to reunite with her friend Miran, who was captured by the police – the police who she mustn’t trust.
Hiding in the shadows of the forest, Esra is found by a local boy, a boy with his own story. Together they will create a man out of mud. A man who will come to life and lead them through a dark labyrinth of tunnels until they finally have the courage the step above ground. Until they finally have the courage to speak their story. Until they finally have the courage to be free.
July 6th, 2017
AR book level: 5.1; Middle years plus; 10.0 points
- 320 pages
Available in these packs
3booksZana Fraillon Pack x3
- eur prices
- Offer price: €25.38
- Rewards/RRP: €29.86
on 20 September 2017
the one that disapperead