Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
The Green Bicycle
Buy this and your school gets €2.18 to spend on books Orders of €10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE ROI delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE ROI delivery on orders €30 or over
- €6 delivery charge on ROI orders
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
ROI delivery within 8 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Wadjda is a born rebel: the girl who breaks the rules, giggles in assembly, gets kicked out of class. (You know the one.) But there’s one big difference: Wadjda lives in Soudi Arabia, where being a girl with a mind of her own is a major social crime. So far she’s always got away with it. But now Wadjda has a crazy new scheme: she wants to race her male friend Abdullah on her very own bike. So – what’s the problem? 1) Her parents forbid it. 2) In Saudi Arabia, girls have to be proper and modest all the time. And when Wadjda decides to break the rules, she learns that freedom comes at a high price…
- The debut novel of Saudi Arabian film director Haifaa al-Mansour
- A powerful and beautifully written tale of defiance and determination
- Based on the author’s film Wadjda, which won a Los Angeles Film Festival Award
- Explores topical issues of gender and conformity in the Middle East