Philip's Essential School Atlas
Buy this and your school gets €2.34 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
No 1 in “Best Educational Books for Secondary School Kids” – The Mirror, April 2020
“An excellent world atlas. Very illuminating, good colours, clear texts…good glossary and, last but not least, up-to-date”. Amazon customer review
- The ideal school atlas for Key Stage 3 pupils, 11-14 years old
- 96 pages in total updated for 2019 specifically to meet curriculum needs
- 16 page UK and Ireland section
- 62 page world section
- Published in association with the Royal Geographical Society
Philip’s Essential School Atlas has been specially created for lower-secondary geography students (11-14 year olds). It is ideal for work leading up to GCSE (England and Wales) National Curriculum Key Stage 3, and Scotland’s National Qualifications.
The maps have been carefully designed so they are uncluttered and easy to read, containing specially selected place names and detail. A clear set of symbols and scale information accompanies each map and there is a useful introductory section covering basic atlas skills, including aerial photographs and satellite images to further explain particular features on the maps.
Fully up-to-date, the atlas comprises a 16-page UK and Ireland section and a 62-page World section. Detailed regional maps, charts and satellite images of Europe, Italy, the Middle East, China, Japan, Kenya, USA, Brazil, and the Arctic and Antarctica are included, focusing on areas of special interest for students of geography, such as Japan’s volcanoes and earthquakes, conservation in Kenya, and water supply in the USA.
Philip’s Essential School Atlas is ideal for special project work, featuring an informative section of world thematic maps on the environment, climate change, people, quality of life, and energy.
Latitude and longitude co-ordinates are included in the index, alongside figure-letter references.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- George's Marvellous Medicine
- The Ice Monster
- Oxford School Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- A Problem Shared: Death
6booksReal Reads: Charles Dickens Pack x 6
- My Type on Paper
- How to Look for a Lost Dog
- My First Fairy Tales: The Elves and the Shoemaker
- A Problem Shared: Bullying
3booksHALO Pack x 3
- SATs Made Simple: Algebra Ages 10-11
- Discover the Vikings: Everyday Life, Art and Culture
The Slightly Annoying Elephant
- Dork Diaries #11: Frenemies Forever
- Geometric Shapes
- Scientists Who Made History: Isaac Newton
- The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
- Big Little Hearts #2: Who Will Love Me When You're Gone?
- Queer Up: An Uplifting Guide to LGBTQ+ Love, Life and Mental Health
- Dork Diaries #14: Dork Diaries: Spectacular Superstar
- Puffin Classics: The Odyssey
Odd Dog Out
- Found! Vikings
All About Diwali: Things to Make and Do
- Gay Club!
- Daily Life in Ancient Greece
- Arc of a Scythe Box Set
All About Eid: Things to Make and Do