Oxford Primary Illustrated Maths Dictionary
Buy this and your school gets €2.34 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school. Find out more about Scholastic Rewards
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
An easy-to-use illustrated dictionary that includes over 1000 words and meanings to help young learners understand key maths terms and concepts at school and at home. The layout is fresh and child-friendly. The words are explained in a simple and clear way and there are examples and diagrams, graphs, illustrations and photographs to help children understand the concepts. It includes words from the National Curriculum such as congruent and composite shapes, gradient, discrete object and order of operations. Examples are clearly set out in panels to easily show support the meanings. Related words are listed in helpful ‘Word build’ panels to develop vocabulary in key areas.
This book supports parents and teachers as well as children with the terminology and vocabulary children encounter at school. It builds mathematical understanding and vocabulary using cross references, and the thematic supplement on key topics gives more in-depth understanding.
This dictionary is part of the new primary illustrated reference series, the perfect set of cross-curricular vocabulary builders. The Oxford Primary Illustrated Dictionary, Oxford Primary Illustrated Thesaurus, Oxford Primary Illustrated Science Dictionary and the brand new Oxford Illustrated Computing Dictionary can also be used to support transition and lower secondary.
For free downloadable activity worksheets, go to www.oxfordschooldictionaries.com
3053 in Schools Catalogue 2024–25
September 5th, 2019
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- National Curriculum Times Tables: Times Tables Flashcards
- SATs Made Simple: Maths Problem-Solving and Reasoning Ages 10 - 11
- Scholastic Magnets: Fridge Magnets - 100 Square Maths Magnets
- First Learning: Number Flashcards
- Fast Finishers: White Rose Maths Problem-solving: Ages 7-8
- Fast Finishers: White Rose Maths Problem-solving: Ages 5-6
- Fast Finishers: White Rose Maths Problem-solving: Ages 9-10
- Twenty at Bedtime: Twenty Dinosaurs at Bedtime (CBB)
- Fast Finishers: White Rose Maths Problem-solving: Ages 6-7
- Twenty at Bedtime: Twenty Unicorns at Bedtime
- Fast Finishers: White Rose Maths Problem-solving: Ages 10-11
- Twenty at Bedtime: Twenty Elves at Bedtime (CBB)
Twenty at Bedtime: Twenty Bunnies at Bedtime
- Fast Finishers: White Rose Maths Problem-solving: Ages 8-9
Murderous Maths: The Magic of Maths
Twenty at Bedtime: Twenty Pumpkins at Bedtime (PB)
- Basher Basics: Punctuation
6booksPeppa Pig Wipe-Clean Learning Pack x 6
- WeirDo Bind-Up (Books 1 and 2)
- Oxford Primary Illustrated Science Dictionary
- What's Worrying You?
- Lift-the-Flap First Questions and Answers: Where Does Poo Go?
- Utterly Me, Clarice Bean
Charlie Changes into a Chicken
Sputnik's Guide to Life on Earth
- Real Pigeons Nest Hard
Get Ahead in Computing: Super Social Media and Awesome Online Safety
Barry Loser #2: I Am Still Not a Loser
- Athena: The Story of a Goddess
- The Accidental Pirates: Voyage to Magical North