How to Be Me
Buy this and your school gets €1.30 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 3/5 from 2 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
A beautiful, moving story of family, friendship and self-discovery.
Super rich. Super shy. Super lonely.
Lucas is all alone.
Since his mum died, Lucas and his dad don’t seem to understand each other at all – it’s almost as if they’re speaking different languages. With a long, hot summer facing him, Lucas is dreading the drama club that his dad has signed him up for – he doesn’t know how to be around new people and he can’t stand performing. But the people Lucas meets at the club force him to open up and start talking, and when disaster strikes, Lucas is forced to step in and help. Can his new-found friends teach Lucas how to be himself?
Filled with empathy and insight, and sensitively touching on issues including grief, anxiety, loneliness with great understanding and an incredible lightness of touch, How to be Me is a kind, heartwarming, and uplifting story, from the author of the high-acclaimed novels Ella on the Outside and Not My Fault – perfect for fans of Jacqueline Wilson and Lisa Thompson.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Time Travel Guides: The Maya and Chichen Itza
- My Story: Stories of the First World War
Fly High Crew: The Green Glow
- Monster Ate My Packed Lunch!
- The Land and the People: Japan
- Scientists Who Made History: Isaac Newton
- The Romans: Gods, Emperors and Dormice
My Mum is a Lioness
The Legend of Kevin
My Dad is a Grizzly Bear
- Forces and Matter
- Birthday Boy
6booksMy First Book of Nature Pack x 6
- Explore!: Mayan Civilisation
- The Nothing to See Here Hotel #1: The Nothing to See Here Hotel
- Great Civilisations: The Maya
- Donut the Destroyer
- Poems from the First World War
The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #3: Mary Anne Saves the Day
- The Hatmakers
- Meesha Makes Friends
- Zim Zam Zoom!
- Anglo-Saxon Boy
- Ancient Egypt: Gods, Pharaohs and Cats!
- The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #1: Kristy's Great Idea
- Welcome to the Museum: Planetarium (Junior Edition)
- Jacky Daydream