The Christmas Pine
Out of stock - due 01/12/23
Buy this and your school gets €1.68 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A magical picture book for Christmas, written in perfect, heartfelt rhyme by Julia Donaldson, bestselling creator of Zog and Superworm.“Magical . . . as well as paying tribute to tradition, the gentle rhythmic verse and stunning pictures illuminate the two other things close to Julia’s heart: the power of children and song”Good Housekeeping Deep in a snowy wood stands a little pine tree with a special destiny: when it grows up, it’s going to be the famousChristmas tree in Trafalgar Square! This is the perfect picture book to snuggle up with and share at Christmas. Gorgeous, atmospheric illustrations whisk you from frozen forests to the sparkling city square in a beautiful, moving story of festivity and hope.
- Julia Donaldson’s perfect rhyme is a joy to read aloud. This is a classic to treasure for generations
- Victoria Sandøy’s exquisite, atmospheric illustrations are full of gorgeous details to point out and share
- A paragraph on the final page of the book explains the true story behind the tree The Christmas Pine is based on a true story. It celebrates a special tradition that stretches back over seventy years. Every year, the Mayor of Oslo in Norway presents the British people with a spectacular Christmas tree. The tree is a symbol of peace and friendship, and a thank you for the UK’s support during World War II. Each year, the UK Poetry Society asks a poet to write a poem to welcome the tree. Julia Donaldson originally wrote The Christmas Pine to celebrate the 2020 Christmas tree. The poem was performed by London schoolchildren, and displayed in Trafalgar Square. Julia Donaldson is the author of many of the best-loved children’s books ever written. She has been awarded a CBE for services to literature, and is the most celebrated children’s writer in Britain today.Many of Julia Donaldson’s beloved picture books have been made into award-winning animated films which are regularly shown on the BBC at Christmas.Superworm animation will premiere on BBC Christmas 2021
Our December 2022 Ages 5-6 Book of the Month
Our Book of the Month for Age 5+ is The Christmas Pine, from award-winning author Julia Donaldson – creator of beloved stories such as The Gruffalo, Superworm, and Zog. Deep in a snowy wood stands a little pine tree with a special destiny: when it grows up, it’s going to be the famous Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square! This book includes a paragraph explaining the true story behind the tree that The Christmas Pine is based on, celebrating a special tradition that stretches back over 70 years. The tree, gifted from Norway, is a symbol of peace and friendship and this book encapsulates this perfectly.
This is a magical picture book with a gorgeous gold-foiled dust jacket, making it a perfect gift for a child at Christmas time. With gentle rhythmic verse and stunning illustration, this title is both engaging for young children while also being perfect to cuddle up with on a cosy Christmas evening. Rhyming text is perfect for developing reading skills, and children will be keen to revisit this story on the run up to Christmas.
135 in Setanta SCB Offer Sept 2023
October 27th, 2022
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Humbug: the Elf who Saved Christmas
A Christmas Carol (Illustrated Novel)
- The Wonky Donkey: Wonky Donkey's Big Surprise (CBB)
- The Salmon of Knowledge
3booksBarrington Stoke: Anthony McGowan Pack x 3
- Father Christmas and Me
- Ikigai for Teens: How to Find Your Path in Life
6booksBarrington Stoke Classics Pk
Famous Five Colour Short Stories: The Birthday Adventure
- Hidden Treasures
Famous Five Colour Readers: Five Have a Puzzling Time
- Happy Christmas, Five
Wishing-Chair Adventure: Santa Claus and the Wishing-Chair
- Polar Bear at the Christmas Fair
5booksWhat to Read After: Ellie and the Cat Pack
The Midnight Gang
- Queer Up: An Uplifting Guide to LGBTQ+ Love, Life and Mental Health
- Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
There's a Bear in Your Book
Dinosaur that Pooped Halloween!
There's an Elf in Your Book
- We Had to Be Brave: Escaping the Nazis on the Kindertransport
- Rainbow Revolutions: Power, Pride and Protest in the Fight for Queer Rights
- One Hundred Reasons To Hope
- The Story of Britain's Black Airmen
6booksBe a Scientist Pack
3booksDK Black Curriculum Pack
Other formats or editions
The Christmas Pine
Book of the month