The Cat and the King (PB)
Buy this and your school gets €1.46 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Nick Sharratt’s fabulously funny debut novel is now available in paperback. The Cat and the King tells the story of a gentle, unworldly King and his very clever cat, and is illustrated throughout in two colours with Nick’s irresistible wit and humour. The cat and the King must find a new home after their castle burns down in an Unfortunate Incident with a dragon. They choose Number 37 Castle Close, and the cat introduces the King to all sorts of new experiences, from washing-up to shopping. Then danger looms when the pesky, fire-breathing dragon makes its return.
- Nick Sharratt is the fabulously talented author and illustrator of bestselling hilarious picture books such as
- Ketchup on Your Cornflakes
- Don’t Put Your Finger in the Jelly, Nellie
- Moo-cow, Kung-fu-cow
- this is Nick Sharratt’s first chapter book EVER!
- illustrated throughout in two-colour
- easy to read text – perfect for children learning to read
PRAISE FOR THE CAT AND THE KING : “A majestic treat”,Sunday Times Children’s Book of the Week 2016“Nick Sharratt’s debut novel is an entertaining mix of familiar experience and fairy-tale fantasy underscored by a thread of anarchic humour. This is a beautifully-presented storybook, in which the fabulous illustrations are as integral as the text, and will appeal to adults as well as independent readers.” - BookTrust
PRAISE FOR THE SECOND BOOK, NICE WORK FOR THE CAT AND THE KING In this second book about the long-suffering, loyal cat and the well-meaning but somewhat ineffectual King, there are plenty of laughs and brilliant illustrative detail (the department store is particularly lovely) from Nick Sharratt, whose recognisable illustration is such a favourite with children.A heavily illustrated short novel for early readers, it’s a perfect book for younger ones that want something a bit longer than a picture book but still love silly humour and a great, well-written concept. - BookTrust
314 in Setanta SCB Offer Sept 2023
January 4th, 2018
AR book level: 5.6; Lower years; 1.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Extincts
- The Leap Cycle #1: The Infinite
- The Boy With Wings
Xanthe & the Ruby Crown
This is Me
The Bad Guys #1: Episodes 1 and 2
The Unicorn Who Came to Breakfast
Future Hero #1: Future Hero: Race to Fire Mountain
5booksLittle Gems Ages 5-7 Pack x5
- Antigua de Fortune of the High Seas
Nice Work for the Cat and the King
4booksRabbit and Bear Pack
Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam: Up, Up and Away!
- Anisha, Accidental Detective: School's Cancelled
- Counting on Katherine
The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour Dog
- Thames and Tide Club: The Secret City
4booksKid Normal Pack x 4
- Chicken Little and the Big Bad Wolf
- The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants: George and Harold's Epic Comix Collection 2
The Stick Man Cookbook (HB)
5booksWhat to Read After: Journey to Jo'Burg Pack
4booksBarrington Stoke Little Gemsx4
Olly Brown, God of Hamsters
- Beast Quest Early Reader: Mortaxe the Skeleton Warrior
- Kay's Marvellous Medicine
- This Wonderful Thing
Horrible Histories: Edinburgh (newspaper edition)
- Horrid Henry's Revenge