Dr Christian's Guide to Dealing with the Tricky Stuff
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A no-nonsense child’s guide to everyday problems by TV’s Doctor Christian.Finally, TV’s Dr Christian, comes to the rescue of parents, boys and girls to answer all their questions about adolescence, sexuality and puberty. In his assured, no-nonsense fashion Dr Christian allays the fears and uncertainties of growing youngsters (and helps parents find answers) about personal and emotional health, body image and building self-confidence. A perfect companion book to Dr Christian’s Guide to Growing Up. Leave it on the kitchen table or sit down and go through it together – this full-colour, fully-illustrated book will help every family household with children under the age of 15. subjects covered include:
- Staying healthy – healthy diet – teeth – having healthy bones and hair – looking after your eyesight (issues over screen-time) – plus needing eye-tests, wearing glasses vs contact lenses – hearing problems – effects of loud music/tinnitus – looking after your skin – sun sense, plus spots/acne, alcohol and smoking issues (covering other drugs as an insert box)
- Common health problems such as tonsilitis, tummy ache, period pains, ear ache, hayfever/allergies, asthma, veruccas/warts/blisters -bunions/high heels issues, sprains, headaches/migraines.
- First-aid tips – burns, cuts/scrapes, fainting, broken bones etc.
- Staying active – all-round fitness tips, need for regular exercise – ideas for non-sporting activities that still keep you fit – including playground games – things you can do with your friends to stay active
- Real-life skills - Money management – planning for your future – making new friends
- Online safety – tips for how to behave online
- Bullying - online & in the real world – who to turn to, what to do
- Learning how to be your own person – how to say ‘no’ and mean it – keeping your self-respect
- Stress-busters – including exam techniques – tips for coping, including ideas from well-known academics – revision tips/skills, improving concentration, dealing with stress – general stress issues for children and how to deal with them ·
- Emotional health – self-esteem issues & confidence-boosting tips.
January 1st, 2015
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.