All American Boys
Buy this and your school gets €2.08 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A bag of chips. That’s all sixteen-year-old Rashad is looking for. What he finds instead is a fist-happy cop, Paul, who mistakes Rashad for a shoplifter, mistakes Rashad’s pleadings that he’s stolen nothing for belligerence, mistakes Rashad’s every flinch at every punch the cop throws as further resistance and refusal to STAY STILL as ordered. But how can you stay still when someone is pounding your face into the pavement?
There were witnesses: Quinn – a varsity basketball player and Rashad’s classmate who has been raised by Paul since his own father died in Afghanistan – and a video camera. Soon the beating is all over the news and Paul is getting threatened with accusations of prejudice and racial brutality. Quinn refuses to believe that the man who has basically been his saviour could possibly be guilty. But then Rashad is absent. And absent again. And again. And the basketball team – half of whom are Rashad’s best friends – start to take sides. As does the school. And the town. Simmering tensions threaten to explode as Rashad and Quinn are forced to face decisions and consequences they had never considered before.
March 4th, 2021
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Sisters of the War: Two Remarkable True Stories of Survival and Hope in Syria
- Dreams from My Father (Adapted for Young Adults): A Story of Race and Inheritance
- Instructions for a Teenage Armageddon
- Rainbow Revolutions: Power, Pride and Protest in the Fight for Queer Rights
- Kemosha of the Caribbean
- Just Be Cool, Jenna Sakai
When I Was the Greatest
5booksLittle People Big Dreams Women
- Queer Up: An Uplifting Guide to LGBTQ+ Love, Life and Mental Health
- Dead or Alive
- The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #11: BSCG 11: Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye
Voices #6: Two Sisters: A Story of Freedom
Frankie's World #1: Frankie's World
- How To Change Everything
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz (YA Edition)
- You Are a Champion