Anita and Me
Buy this and your school gets €2.28 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
It’s 1972. Meena is nine, growing up in the only Punjabi family in the Black Country mining village of Tollington. Like all the kids her age, she wants freedom. But her struggle for independence is different from most. Meena wants fish fingers and chips, not chapati and dhal. She wants an English Christmas, not the usual endless Punjabi festivities. But – most of all – she wants to roam the backyards of working-class Tollington with blonde, aloof, feisty Anita Rutter and her gang…
- The debut novel of best-loved writer/comedian Meera Syall
- A hilarious story of family, friendship and youthful rebellion
- Meera wrote the screenplay to the film Bhaji on the Beach
- She also starred in the hit comedy Goodness Gracious Me
AR book level: 7.3; Upper years; 19.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Child I
A Story Like the Wind
The Other Side of Truth
Stories for South Asian Super Girls
- This Book Is Anti-Racist
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History
Voices #5: Windrush Child
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry