Burn My Heart
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The Mau Mau – a secret society that once struck terror into the hearts of British settlers in Kenya. An episode in history that ended in a State of Emergency, with violent and brutal acts dividing a nation. This is an intensely personal and vivid story of two boys: one black, one white. Once they were friends. But in a country torn apart by prejudice, even the best friendship can turn to betrayal… Internationally acclaimed, award-winning author Beverley Naidoo explores new territory in this moving and beautifully realized story of Britain’s colonial past.
- A gripping true story of racial tension, friendship and betrayal
- Shines a light into the dark heart of Britain’s colonial past
- Fascinating subject matter given a deeply memorable treatment
- From the award-winning author of On the Other Side of Truth
- Explores Britain’s colonial legacy and complements the history curriculum
- A subject that interests many people and is great for learning about black history too
July 5th, 2007
AR book level: 5.2; Upper years; 6.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.