I Am Thunder
Buy this and your school gets €1.20 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Unzip your lips! A radical tale of family, love, Islam – and daring to finally speak your heart. Muzna Saleem is fifteen and crazy about writing. She dreams of being a novelist. Trouble is, her super-controlling parents have already got her whole life planned out. Step 1) Get educated. Step 2) Qualify as a doctor. Step 3) Marry a cousin from Pakistan. Oh, and boyfriends are totally haram. So – psst! Don’t tell Muzna’s parents that high-school hottie Arif Malik is crushing on her. She’s not saying a word. That is, until she discovers Arif’s dark and deadly secret. Should Muzna keep quiet and betray her beliefs – or speak up and betray the guy she’s fallen for?
- The debut novel from stunning new YA voice Muhammad Khan
- A compelling look at what it takes to stand up for your beliefs
- Explores issues of family life, Islamophobia and radicalisation
- Muzna is a smart and relatable heroine with a witty, direct voice
“Funny and clever – a perspective long overdue in British fiction.” Alex Wheatle
“Fierce, fresh… One of the most distinctive narrators I’ve read in ages.” Fiona Noble, Bookseller
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Sun is Also a Star
- On the Come Up
- The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali
- The Crossover Graphic Novel
- Anita and Me
- What Momma Left Me
- Tom Gates #17: Spectacular School Trip (Really...)
- Hold Back the Tide
- The Green Bicycle
- Dead Popular
- The Million Pieces of Neena Gill
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1: Season of the Witch
- Your Turn to Die
- Scholastic Classics: Wuthering Heights
The Poet X