Melting Ice x 6 Pack
by Jill Eggleton (author)
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE ROI postage for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.*
- FREE ROI postage on orders €40 or over
- €8 postage charge on ROI orders
Book Club orders
- FREE postage to schools*
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
ROI postage within 8 working days
Postage charges and times vary for overseas addresses
*Excluding border charge
More books for 7 - 8 year olds
- Animals > Endangered Species
- Animals > Mammals > Bears
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Purple
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Reciprocal Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
- Geography > Habitats > Polar regions
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Animals
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Environmental or Green Issues
Connectors is a groundbreaking reading series which narrows the attainment gap through peer-to-peer learning. Children work in small independent groups, each taking a turn to be the leader as they read a book together, following prompts to make predictions and debate issues raised in the text.
Clear prompts represented by coloured faces show each child when it is their turn to read and lead, and how to focus the discussion to engage their team members. This exciting approach builds reading and listening skills, promotes successful teamwork and encourages every child to participate.
Peer-to-peer learning builds cooperation and trust between pupils, motivates disengaged learners, moderates behaviour and develops leadership and cognition skills. The Sutton Trust ranks peer tutoring as one of the most effective ways to improve overall achievement, with disadvantaged and low achieving pupils making particular gains.
Melting Ice gets children thinking about what happens to animals when global warming melts the ice caps:
- Will polar bears become extinct?
- What can we do to help the polar bears?
- Are other animals threatened by the melting ice?
Book Band: Purple.
May 5th, 2011
This product has not been reviewed yet.