Oxford Illustrated Shakespeare Dictionary
Buy this and your school gets €2.90 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Winner of Best Book, Publication, or Recording prize at the Falstaff Awards 2015 Shortlisted for the 2016 SLA Information Book Award
The Oxford Illustrated Shakespeare Dictionary is the first of its kind, a brand new illustrated alphabetical dictionary of all the words and meanings students of Shakespeare need to know. Every word has an example sentence selected from the twelve most studied plays, including Macbeth, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Henry V. Usage notes and theatre notes provide additional background to Shakespearean times and the performance of his plays. Further support is provided by language panels on select topics like the humours, swearing, and stage directions, and full-colour illustrated thematic spreads on special feature topics from clothes and armour to music and recreation. The dictionary is easy to use with its clear signposting, accessible design, and expertly levelled contemporary look and feel. It is the perfect support for a full understanding of Shakespeare, created by renowned authors Professor David Crystal and actor Ben Crystal, a father and son team who combine for the first time the academic and the theatre, bringing together language, literature, and lexicography in this unique Shakespeare dictionary of global appeal.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6copiesWolf Brother x 6
- Marie Clay: An Observation Survey of Early Literacy Achievement (4th Edition)
6copiesCollins School Dictionary and Thesaurus x 6
- Neon's Secret Universe
2booksMurderous Maths Pair
Get Ahead in Computing: Super Social Media and Awesome Online Safety
- The Incredible Shrinking Girl #1: The Incredible Shrinking Girl
- The House of Secret Treasure
- The Extincts
- RHS: Explore Nature: Things to Do Outdoors All Year Round
- The Top Secret History of Codes and Codebreaking
- History Atlas
- Barrington Stoke School Spelling Dictionary
- The London Eye Mystery
- The Hatmakers
- Danny Chung Does Not Do Maths
- Anisha, Accidental Detective: School's Cancelled
- Sleepover Takeover
- Terry Deary's Best Ever Shakespeare Tales
- Usborne Farmyard Tales: Surprise Visitors
- The Wobbly Life of Scarlett Fife