Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Starter Level - Level 1: The Secret Life of Pets (Book only)
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Extensive reading improves fluency and there is a real need in the ELT classroom for motivating graded material that will encourage students to read.
This reader is based on the animated film The Secret Life of Pets.
The quiet life of a terrier named Max is upended when his owner takes in Duke, a stray whom Max instantly dislikes.
After a chance encounter in an alleyway, the pair reluctantly embark on an adventure with a whole host of fun characters and pets.
- STARTER LEVEL 1
- BOOK ONLY
- full colour
- also perfect for native English speaking children who a struggling with learning to read
- A popular film with global recognition factor.
- Full colour stills from the film on every page bring the story to life and aid comprehension.
- Meet… section provides a visual introduction to the characters before students start reading
- New Words picture dictionary introduces students to new vocabulary at the start of the book
- Real World spread provides cross-curricular support
- Five-page activity section checks comprehension and provides opportunities for follow-up work.
- Activities are designed to cater for different learning styles.
- Popcorn ELT Readers is a series of low-level graded readers aimed at younger students who are beginning to learn English as a Foreign Language.
- The series covers three levels from Level 1 (Early Beginner) to Level 3 (High Beginner) and is aimed at students aged eight to eleven years.
- Each reader is available in Book Only or Book and CD formats.
- The CD features an audio recording of the story for reading along.
- There are also online resource sheets providing step-by-step lesson plans, extra activities and downloadable flashcards.
December 3rd, 2020
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.