Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 4/5 from 9 ratings
2 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE ROI delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE ROI delivery on orders €30 or over
- €6 delivery charge on ROI orders
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
ROI delivery within 8 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Now fully in line with 2014 Curriculum objectives
Raise literacy and attainment by bringing a favourite children’s book to life in your classroom. This CD-ROM is packed with time-saving resources to help you teach Farmer Duck.
- Multimedia activities for whiteboards
- Writing frames
- Image banks and audio/video clips
- Interactive text extracts to annotate
- Author interviews and biography
The Read & Respond series takes growing readers into the heart of popular children’s books which inspire a love of reading. It uses group discussion, thinking games, creative writing and craft activities to engage every child with timeless stories.
This CD-ROM is ideal for use with our Read & Respond resource books or as a stand-alone product.
Eifron Watkinson, Addington School, Reading takes a look at Read & Respond Interactive: Farmer Duck for us.
Children were engaged with the animated film clips. They wanted to play them over several times. They were able to link them to the pictures in the book.
Text annotations were too difficult for the younger children but the KS2 co-ordinator agreed they would be good for her children, (we are a special needs school)
Work led onto performing a drama for other classes to watch that the children had written for themselves.
All the KS1 and Foundation Stage teachers were impressed by the resource which gave them new ideas based on a familiar book.
As co-ordinator I would buy this DVD for school as it was easy to use, provided motivating activities for staff and pupils and saved a lot of planning time.
I was able to use this supplemented by symbols from Widget programme. Great fun to use.
Read & Respond
To get started with Read & Respond all you need to do is:
- Choose a children’s book, from Owl Babies to Kensuke’s Kingdom, to study with your class
- Order the corresponding Read & Respond Teacher Resource Book
- Add a Read & Respond Interactive CD-ROM to really get your lessons buzzing!
Read & Respond Teacher Resource Titles
In-depth analysis of each book to get the whole class thinking about the story—and expressing their thoughts aloud and in writing. Within each Teacher Resource Book you’ll find:
- Background information
- Detailed chapter notes
- Plot, character and setting activities
- Shared reading section, with three extracts to read as a class
- ‘Talk about it’ section to get the children discussing feelings and ideas around the book
- ‘Get writing’ activities to help children structure and express their views about the book
- Assessment activities*
Read & Respond Interactive
These multimedia CD-ROMs can be used as standalone products, or to expand upon the corresponding Read & Respond teacher’s book. Read & Respond Interactive is ideal for exploring cross-curricular themes and for inspiring reluctant readers.
Each CD-ROM contains:
- Teaching notes, including lesson plans, differentiation, cross-curricular links and editable notes
- An author interview or biography
- Audio clips
- Text extracts
- Cross-curricular photos and video clips to help put the story into context
- A word bank – linked to the text extracts – containing audio and text definitions
- A selection of interactive whiteboard activities.
We can supply each children’s title covered by the Read & Respond series as a pack of 6 or 30 books, or as a single purchase.
Read & Respond Interactive
What are the minimum system requirements for the Read & Respond Interactive CDs?
You will need a PC or Mac with a 4x speed CD-ROM drive and 128MB RAM; Recommended minimum processor speed 450Mhz.; Windows 98/2000/XP or Mac OSX 10.2 or later; 16bit sound card and graphics card.