The Smeds and the Smoos
Buy this and your school gets €2.60 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school. Find out more about Scholastic Rewards
Rated 3/5 from 2 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Soar into space with this glorious love story of alien folk, from the number one bestselling author and illustrator of The Gruffalo and Stick Man.‘By a loobular lake on a far-off planetThere lived a young Smed, and her name was Janet.Not far away, on a humplety hill,There lived a young Smoo by the name of Bill.’The Smeds (who are red) never mix with the Smoos (who are blue). So when a young Smed and Smoo fall in love, their families strongly disapprove. But peace is restored and love conquers all in this happiest of love stories.There’s even a gorgeous purple baby to celebrate!
- Hardcover format comes with a protective dust jacket to make this a special gift for a lifetime
- With fabulous rhymes and breathtaking illustrations, this picture book from the UK’s number one picture book author and illustrator is literally out of this world!
- Friendship, love, adventure and togetherness are at the heart of this joyful story
- From the creators of The Gruffalo, Stick Man and Zog, which have all been made into animated films
- strong> The Smeds and the Smoos is on BBC One at Christmas with voice artists including Bill Bailey (comedian and Strictly winner), Adjoa Andoh (Bridgerton), Sally Hawkins (Paddington movies) and Rob Brydon (Gavin and Stacey).
- Look out for The Baddies the wickedly funny new picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
‘Blast off with the most exciting book yet from the creator of The Gruffalo. Get ready for a wild and wonderful journey through space in a book that is perfect for reading together.’The SunCollect the whole Scholastic picture book series by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler:
- Stick Man
- Tabby McTat
- The Highway Rat
- The Scarecrows’ Wedding
- The Smeds and the Smoos
- Ugly Five
- Zog and the Flying Doctors
151 in Setanta SCB December 2023
September 5th, 2019
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.1; Lower years; 0.5 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Works: Key Stage 1
- The Works: Key Stage 2
Dork Diaries: Dear Dork
- I Hate Everything!
I Am Brave!
British Museum: So You Think You've Got It Bad? A Kid's Life as a Viking
- I Don't Want to Wait!
- This Little Puffin: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes, Songs and Games
- Marv and the Mega Robot
5booksThe Famous Five Colour Short Stories Pack x 5
4booksRabbit and Bear Pack
6booksClose Reading Non-Fiction Teacher's Book Pack x 6
- Why Should I?
Dork Diaries: Spectacular Superstar
5booksYear 6 Home Learning Essentials Pack
3booksMindful Me Pack
The Cat and the King (PB)
Snail in Space
- Big Angry Roar
- I Don't Want to Play Nicely
The Ugly Five
How to Hide a Lion (Board Book)
The Heart and the Bottle
Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam: Up, Up and Away!
- A First Poetry Book
- Ravi's Roar