King and the Dragonflies
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Winner of the 2020 National Book Awards for Young People’s Literature.In a small but turbulent Louisiana town, King lost his older brother. To move on, he must find himself.King is convinced his brother isn’t dead, that he has instead turned into a dragonfly, and he searches for Khalid down by the bayou. Khalid visits him in turn, in King’s dreams. King must keep these secrets to himself as he watches grief transform his family. It would be easier if King could talk with his best friend, Sandy. But King had ended their friendship. Before his death, his brother had said, “You don’t want anyone to think you’re gay too, do you?” But when Sandy goes missing, sparking a town-wide search, King finds his former best friend and the two begin an adventure as they hide Sandy down by the bayou, among the dragonflies. As King’s friendship with Sandy is reignited, he’s forced to confront questions about himself and the reality of his brother’s death.
- In this raw and exquisite story, we see that love can set us all free.
- The Thing About Jellyfish meets The Stars Beneath Our Feet in this story about loss, grief, and finding the courage to discover one’s identity, from the author of Hurricane Child and bestselling Felix Ever After.
June 4th, 2020
AR book level: 4.9; Middle years; 7.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Yeti Cooks Spaghetti Phonics R
- Cane Warriors
- Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes
- Kemosha of the Caribbean
Barrington Stoke Fiction: Fractured Fairy Tales - The Queen's Tale
- Disney Twisted Tales: The Little Mermaid - Part of Your World
- My Story: Ignatius Sancho
- Scholastic Classics: Treasure Island
- The Unlisted #2: Rebellion
Mortal Engines Prequel: Scrivener's Moon
- Football Academy: Striking Out
- Gopher the Chauffeur Phonics R
- Football Academy: Boys United
- Football Academy: Captain Fantastic
Lies We Tell Ourselves
- Who Let the Gods Out? #3: Beyond the Odyssey
- Who Let the Gods Out? #4: Against All Gods
- The Secrets of Billie Bright
- Harrow Lake
- Moonchild: Voyage of the Lost and Found
Such a Good Liar
- When Our Worlds Collided
- The Skin I'm In
Scholastic Classics: Welsh Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends
- Not Here To Be Liked
Aarti & the Blue Gods
- Infinity Son