by Alan Gibbons (author)
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE ROI postage for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.*
- FREE ROI postage on orders €40 or over
- €8 postage charge on ROI orders
Book Club orders
- FREE postage to schools*
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
ROI postage within 8 working days
Postage charges and times vary for overseas addresses
*Excluding border charge
Aidan learns some tough lessons about life (and staying alive) in a hard-as-nails thriller to make your blood pressure soar. If you picture the perfect teen lifestyle, you probably picture something like Aidan’s. He’s pretty much got it all. A happy home in leafy suburbia. Heaps of designer gadgets. The gorgeous Emily hanging on his every word. So a trip up North with Mum to visit his dying grandad is hardly top of Aidan’s to-do list. But this isn’t just a farewell visit. There are secrets Aidan needs to be told. Who is the dodgy guy driving round in a BMW, for one thing? Why is he so attracted to Jade, who is pregnant by a local bad lad? And how will Aidan cope when he’s thrust head-first into a dark world of violence, drugs and crime? Nothing in his cushy world ever prepared him for this...
- A gritty, tough YA thriller by a hugely acclaimed author
- Alan Gibbons is the author of Hate and Raining Fire
- He won the Blue Peter Award for Shadow of the Minotaur
- Topical theme of a teen navigating a dark gangland world
“A violent, hectic and highly readable thriller.” School Librarian
“Gibbons delivers with perfection, weaving an eventful tale with his distinctive, straight-to-the-point style.” The Teacher
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 3.9; Upper years; 7.0 points
- 208 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.