This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
‘[Selznick is] a postmodern hero of middle-grade children’s fiction… Those who revel in puzzles, philosophical conundrums and musings on transience, time and grief will adore this challenging read’ The Times ‘The most perfect feat of storytelling’ Scott Evans, The Reader Teacher ‘It has touched me in a way I can’t express… Breath-taking’ Ceridwen Eccles, primary teacher and blogger at Teacher Glitter A ship. A garden. A library. In Kaleidoscope, the incomparable Brian Selznick presents the story of two people bound to each other through time and space, memory and dreams. At the centre of their relationship is a mystery about the nature of grief and love which will look different to each reader.
- Kaleidoscope is a feat of storytelling that illuminates how even the wildest tales can help us in the hardest times.
- Brian Selznick’s first book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, was the winner of the esteemed Caldecott Medal, the first novel to do so, as the Caldecott Medal is for picture books
- Released as a live-action film Hugo in 2011, directed by Martin Scorsase and starring Asa Butterfield, Ben Kingsley, Jude Law, Sacha Baron Cohen, Richard Griffiths, Ray Winstone, and Christopher Lee.
- Brian Selznick’s second book, Wonderstruck, was also made into a feature film, starring Julianne Moore and Michelle Williams
September 21st, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 5.1; Middle years; 3.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
City of Ghosts #2: Tunnel of Bones
Zara Hossain is Here (a powerful story of immigration, identity, family and love)
City of Ghosts #3: Bridge of Souls
What We're Scared Of
- Ink: Scar
Vote For Effie
- Murder Most Unladylike #8: Death in the Spotlight
- Playing the Cards You're Dealt
I Know You Did It
The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #8: BSCG 8: Logan Likes Mary Anne!
The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #9: BSCG 9: Claudia and the New Girl
- Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Graphic Novel)
Alice Austen Lived Here
- I Survived: I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001 (Graphic Novel)
- Heartstopper: Volume Two
- Heartstopper: Volume Three
- Heartstopper: Volume One
- Making Friends (Graphic Novel)
- The Hatmakers
- Twins (Graphic Novel)
The Primrose Railway Children
- Becoming: Adapted for Younger Readers
The Boy Who Made Everyone Laugh