Buy this and your school gets €2.30 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
A young girl finds the magic, power, and history of wearing a bindi for the first time, in this moving and lyrical picture book debut from Gita Varadarajan.There in the mirror, I see a shining star.My mother’s joy, my father’s pride.And then I see something else:I see me. Divya is scared to put on the bindi for the first time. What if she gets made fun of? What will it feel like? But Amma is there to reassure her. Together they look inside Amma’s special box to find the perfect bindi. And as Divya gazes in the mirror she discovers a new side of herself. She is stronger than ever.
- Gita Varadarajan crafts a powerful story about belonging, embracing your heritage, and believing in yourself.
- Archana Sreenivasan’s vibrant and magical illustrations bring to life this journey of self-discovery.
- My Bindi is a universal message of the importance finding oneself and celebrating the unique beliefs and experiences that make us who we are.
July 7th, 2022
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- If You Miss Me
- I Color Myself Different
- Jamie Johnson #7: Skills from Brazil (2022 edition)
Mortal Engines Quartet #4: A Darkling Plain
- Squidding Around: Prank You Very Much
- Hetty Feather #1: Hetty Feather
- Because of You, John Lewis
- Jobs If You Like... Animals
Horrible Histories: Up in the Air
- Marcus Rashford
3booksSome Kids... Pack x 3
SAVE Promo available
- Scholastic Classics: Black Beauty
Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality
SAVE Promo available
The Runaway Girls
- Found You PB
The Very Busy Spider
- You Are Enough: A Book About Inclusion (HB)
- Little Rabbit Foo Foo
- There's a Pig up my Nose!
The Underland Chronicles #1: Gregor the Overlander
- How I Became a Dog Called Midnight
Bluey: The Pool
- What Lexie Did
- The Poisoned Pie Mystery
- Ajay and the Mumbai Sun
- Our Table (PB)
The Lighthouse Keeper's Picnic
The Most Exciting Eid