The Day I Got Trapped In My Brain
Buy this and your school gets €1.56 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
1 review (Add a review)
“ Ridiculously funny.” – Derek Landy, author of Skulduggery Pleasant“A book full of heart, warmth and humour” – Irish IndependentMeet Frankie Finkleton. Age 11 and one-twelfth, Frankie has a BIG secret! Well, lots of secrets, actually:
Frankie has a world inside her head called THOUGHTOPOLIS – you just go through the eyeball, right at the skull, past the brain stuff, and then second door on the right! It’s great fun, full of weird-and-wonderful places and creatures, and together, she, Fred and Blue go on adventures. Until one day, Frankie gets trapped, and has to uncover a secret hidden deep within if she is to get back to the Real World. But when the truth changes everything, will Frankie want to go back? HELP!
- Amy Huberman is an acclaimed script writer, novelist and actor, this is her debut children’s novel.
- Brimming with charm and magic, and the funny insight of Inside Out, The Day I Got Trapped in My Brain is a must-read for readers aged 8+.
- Beautifully illustrated in two-styles by Katie Kear.
- Amy has written two bestselling books for adults, Hello Heartbreak and I Wished For You.
More praise for The Day I Got Trapped In My Brain:“Exciting, fantastical and adventurous” says Anoushka, The Week Junior’s Summer of Reading 2023“A truly special story, told with Huberman’s characteristic humour, empathy and charm. I thoroughly enjoyed it.” – Catherine Doyle, author of The Storm Keeper Trilogy“I WISH I had this brilliant, funny, hopeful and meaningful book when I was 9. It spins us through all sorts with laughs, adventure and a brilliant lead character you want to be. Kids big and small will love this book.” - Aisling Bea, Comedian“A beautiful & funny book with real heart” - Roisin Conaty, Comedian“I got trapped in my brain once and it was really boring. Thankfully, this story is nothing like that! It’s a world-skipping, seven-star snail hotel, giant-eyed dog kind of a book. FABULOUSLY FUN AND INVENTIVE!” - Steven Butler, author of The Nothing To See Here Hotel “I read it over and over. Lovely stuff.” – Chris O’Dowd, Actor and author of Moone Boy
Our September 2022 Ages 7-8 Book of the Month
Our book of the month pick for 7+ is The Day I Got Trapped in my Brain. Amy Huberman’s debut children’s novel is a hilarious story brimming with charm and magic. Age 11 and one-twelfth, Frankie has a big secret – she may just be a teeny bit magic! Frankie has a weird-and-wonderful world inside her head “Thoughtopolis” full of amazing creatures and places to adventure, with brother Fred and dog Blue! Until one day she gets trapped, and has to uncover a secret hidden deep within if she is to get back to the real world! But when the truth changes everything, will Frankie want to go back?
Children are sure to engage with this title, with a humorous storyline and a whacky world to get lost in, further improving reading ability and allowing their imagination to run wild! With brilliant illustration from Katie Kear this title will aid in encouraging creativity and is sure to have children designing worlds of their own!
September 1st, 2022
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 5.0; Middle years; 11.0 points
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Boy Who Fooled the World
- The Creature Keeper
Total Mayhem #1: Monday - Into the Cave of Thieves (Total Mayhem #1)
- The Leap Cycle #1: The Infinite
Horrible Histories: Cut-throat Celts
The Battle of Bubble and Squeak
- In a Nutshell: The Story of Saint Patrick
The Fart that Changed the World
- The Secret School Invasion
- Horrible Science: Nasty Nature
- Ireland: The People, The Places, The Stories
- Reading Readiness: My First Bob Books: Pre-Reading Skills (12 Book Box Set)
64booksTop 100 Children's Books for Teachers: Years 3-6
5booksWhat to Read After: Carrie's War Pack
- Stage 3: Developing Readers: Bob Books: Set 4 Complex Words Box Set (8 Books)
6booksGet Kids Reading Pack
- Stage 3: Developing Readers: Bob Books: Set 5 Long Vowels Box Set (8 Books)
- How to Save the World with a Chicken and an Egg
Aarti & the Blue Gods
6copiesThe Hodgeheg x 6
- Flash of Fireflies
Stage 2: Emerging Readers: Bob Books: Sight Words - Year 2
The BFG (Film Edition)
- Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Spooky Stories
Dragon Girls #1: Azmina the Gold Glitter Dragon
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Deep End (Book 15)
- Hetty Feather
- Oh My Gods
- Real Pigeons Nest Hard