The Place for Me: Stories About the Windrush Generation
Buy this and your school gets €2.60 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Explore the lives of the Windrush generation in this full-colour anthology. With a foreword from Baroness Floella Benjamin, DBE. This book presents 12 moving tales of sacrifice and bravery, inspired by first-hand accounts of the Windrush generation.
“Home ain’t jus’ where you live. Home is your heart an’ yer history.”
- Each inspiring story helps to bring the real experience of Black British people into focus.
- Produced in partnership with Black Cultural Archives to honour the Windrush generation.
- Includes ten photo-packed fact sections.
June 3rd, 2021
AR book level: 5.6; Middle years; 4.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Granny Came Here on the Empire Windrush
- The Story of the Windrush
We Sang Across the Sea: The Empire Windrush and Me
- Coming to England
Voices #5: Windrush Child
- Black British History Wallchart
- When We Say Black Lives Matter
Bedtime Stories: Beautiful Black Tales from the Past
- Little Heroes of Colour: 50 Who Made a BIG Difference
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History
- Grandad Mandela
- The Story of Afro Hair
- Coming to England
5booksSarah Crossan Pack x5
Nen and the Lonely Fisherman
SAVE Promo available
30copiesThe Firework-Maker's Daughter x 30
- Look Up!
Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #3: Mary Anne Saves the Day
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Legends from Castle Grayskull
- Alex Neptune, Monster Avenger
Acorn: A Friend for Dragon
The Disgusting Sandwich
- My Name is Not Refugee
- Corpse Talk: Dead Good Storytellers
- Little Badman and the Time-Travelling Teacher of Doom
Leila and the Blue Fox
- A Secret of Birds and Bone
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
- Leon the Extraordinary
The Complete Maus