The Story of the Windrush
Buy this and your school gets €1.46 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The story before the scandal.A book to celebrate the inspiring legacy of the Windrush pioneers. In June 1948, hundreds of Caribbean men, women and children arrived in London on a ship called the HMTEmpire Windrush. Although there were already Black people living in Britain at the time, this event marks the beginning of modern Black Britain.
- Combines historical fact with voices from the Windrush Generation
- Tells the inspiring story of the Windrush Generation pioneers for younger readers
- With full colour illustration
October 15th, 2020
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Babysitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1: Karen's Witch
We Sang Across the Sea: The Empire Windrush and Me
- My Story: Blitz
- The Place for Me: Stories About the Windrush Generation
- The Story of Afro Hair
- The Story of Britain's Black Airmen
- The Pirate Mums
- My Story: The Titanic
- Black and British
6copiesWeek at World's End x6
- Bunnicula Returns: The Celery Stalks at Midnight and Nighty-Nightmare
6booksPie Corbett's Page-Turners: Year 6 Pack x 6
7booksJeremy Strong Pack
- Poems from the Second World War
Mary Queen of Scots: Born to Rule
- My Best Friend: My Best Friend on the Titanic
30copiesBrightstorm: A Sky-Ship Adventure x 30
5booksWhat to Read After: The Boy at the Back of the Class Pack
The Star Outside My Window
Bright Brown Baby: Hello, Beautiful You! (BB)
Scholastic Classics: Welsh Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends
5booksEnvironmental Activism Pack
Horrible Histories: Woeful Second World War
4booksAnne Fine Pack
- Goosebumps: The Werewolf of Fever Swamp
- Scholastic Classics: Scottish Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends
- Horrible Histories Special: Horrible Histories Special: Wales
4booksPie Corbett's Comforting Reads Year 6 Pack