Released on 07/07/22
Buy this and your school gets €1.60 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
A profound story about inner strength and perseverance in the face of a life-changing event, from the award-winning author of The Bubble Boy. Perfect for fans of R. J. Palacio’s Wonder and Lisa Thompson’s The Goldfish Boy.
‘A wonderful book about overcoming a life-changing event and the remarkable power of music.’ – Lisa Thompson, author of The Goldfish Boy
Life is going well for Sophie. She’s getting by at school, has some pretty awesome friends, and their band have made it through to the semifinals of the Battle of the Bands competition.
But when Sophie wakes up completely deaf one morning, the life she once knew seems like a distant memory. With lessons replaced by endless hospital appointments, and conversations now an exercise in lip-reading, Sophie grows quieter and quieter. Until she discovers the vibrations of sound through an old set of drums and wonders whether life onstage is actually still within reach.
Drawing on the author’s own hearing impairment, Can You Feel the Noise? is a deeply personal and moving story that will stay with you long after reading.
Praise for Can You Feel the Noise?
‘Powerful, moving and uplifting. This beautifully-told story highlights the gift of perseverance.’ – Polly Ho-Yen, author of Boy in the Tower
‘A moving, empathy-boosting, and hopeful story about a young musician navigating hearing loss.’ – Rashmi Sirdeshpande, author of Think Like a Boss
‘A sensitive and brilliant story of hearing loss, full of humour and hope.’ – A. M. Howell, author of The Garden of Lost Secrets
Customers also bought
- Make This Book Disappear (The book that's a science lab!)
- Assorted Trimmers Class Pack x 72
Murderous Maths: The Magic of Maths
- Pocket Manual: Fastest Cars
- Read with Oxford: Stage 2: Biff, Chip and Kipper: The Sing Song and Other Stories
6copiesThe Witches x 6
6copiesThe Boy Whose Wishes Came True x 6
- I Hate Everything!
4booksMy Best Friend Pack
- I Don't Want to Play Nicely
- Big Little Hearts #2: Who Will Love Me When You're Gone?
6copiesWonder x 6
Growing Up for Boys: Everything You Need to Know
Book of the month
3booksChildren of the Famine Trilogy
6copiesThe Last Bear x6
The Worst Class in the World Goes Wild!
- Fearless! How to Be Your True, Confident Self
6copiesHoles x 6
- Beyond the Sky: You and the Universe
10booksUltimate Football Heroes x10
- Julia Donaldson's Songbirds: My Cat and Other Stories
7booksOur Emotions & Behaviours x7
The Teenage Guide to Stress
- Read with Oxford: Stages 1-3: Biff, Chip and Kipper: Rhyming Games Flashcards
- The World's Worst Children
6copiesDanny the Champion of the World x 6
- Playground Chalk (20 Pieces)