The Story of the Windrush
Buy this and your school gets €1.30 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The story before the scandal.A book to celebrate the inspiring legacy of the Windrush pioneers. In June 1948, hundreds of Caribbean men, women and children arrived in London on a ship called the HMTEmpire Windrush. Although there were already Black people living in Britain at the time, this event marks the beginning of modern Black Britain.
- Combining historical fact with voices from the Windrush Generation, this book sensitively tells the inspiring story of the Windrush Generation pioneers for younger readers.
October 1st, 2020
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Trouble in New York
- I Was There...: Ira Aldridge: The Shakespearean Actor
- After The War
- Grandad Mandela
34booksGifted Readers Ages 9-11 Pack
- My Story: The Titanic (reloaded)
Wishes: A powerful story about one refugee family's search for a new home
- Little Leaders: Visionary Women Around the World
- The Day I Was Erased
- Evie and the Animals
- Counting on Katherine
- How to Save the World with a Chicken and an Egg
When the Sky Falls
10copiesScholastic Classics: A Christmas Carol x 10
- Scholastic Classics: Oliver Twist
- Get Me Out of Here!
The Land and the People: Brazil
The Land and the People: Japan
- Goosebumps: Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns (Movie Monster PB)
- Lightning Chase Me Home
My Arch-Enemy is a Brain in a Jar
One Story, Many Voices: The Phoenix of Persia
Read & Respond: The Jungle Book
6copiesOne Story, Many Voices: The Phoenix of Persia x 6
My Evil Twin is a Supervillain
The Magic Box: Poems for Children
- Dead Man's Cove