Voices #1: Now or Never - A Dunkirk Story
Buy this and your school gets €1.40 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 2/5 from 3 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
A gripping adventure in an exciting new series reflecting the authentic, unsung stories of our past!Now or Never brings a young soldier, Private Fazal Khan, from his home in India to the battlefields of the Second World War. Fazal’s world is now focused on Company 32 and the animals he cares for in the midst of one of the most frightening times in history. And as he and his friends make their way to the beaches of Dunkirk, Fazal must deal with even more than the terrors of a dangerous trek to reach the evacuation zone.
The Company’s captain defends his troops in the face of a terrible betrayal at the point of rescue: not everyone has welcomed the help brought by the Royal Indian Army Service Corps. Now Fazal is forced to question why he is even there and why he is expected to be loyal to a king whose people don’t all see him as their equal.
VOICES: A thrilling new series showcasing some of the UK’s finest writers for young people. VOICES reflects the authentic, unsung stories of our past. Each shows that, even in times of great upheaval, a myriad of people have arrived on this island and made a home for themselves – from Roman times to the present day.
Voices (book 1)
January 3rd, 2019
AR book level: 5.0; Middle years plus; 5.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- How to Look for a Lost Dog
- Voices #3: Son of the Circus - A Victorian Story
- Sam Wu #4: Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of Spiders
- How High the Moon
- Amulet #5: Amulet: Prince of the Elves
- My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan
- Anisha, Accidental Detective
- Aru Shah and the Song of Death
Nice Work for the Cat and the King
Barrington Stoke Fiction: Ellie and the Cat
- The Adventures of Harry Stevenson #2: Guinea Pig Superstar!
- The Young Magicians and the Thieves' Almanac
- The Undefeated
- Sam Wu #3: Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of the Dark!
Fruits: A Caribbean Counting Poem
Horrible Geography: Raging Rivers
- Britain in the Past: The Iron Age
2booksMarcia Williams Shakespeare Pair
The Cat and the King (PB)
- Grandad Mandela
- Poems from the Second World War
If All the World Were...
- The Leap Cycle #1: The Infinite
- Planet Omar #2: Unexpected Super Spy
- The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
- The Faraway Truth
4booksWomen Trailblazers Pack x 4
- The Proudest Blue
- Heartstopper: Volume One